Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, July 23, 2017

The Waiting Game



But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

Waiting is never fun. It is not something any of you probably do but it is part of life. I got the idea for this topic as I waited 20 minutes for a simple coffee drink as other customers who came in after me with larger orders came and went. I stayed cool. Finally I spoke up and had I not I would never have been served. 

What do you wait on? Traffic lights, food orders, birth of a baby or grand baby, paycheck, news of a new job, medical report, internet connection, a table at a restaurant. To be patient is a fruit of the spirit mentioned in today's verse. It is of utmost importance to develop this quality in your life. If you are raising children you do them a disservice by giving in to their every desire because patience is something as adults that will make or break a person.

Is there an area of your life you need to develop patience in? Maybe many areas. Take a breath, be still, and realize this too shall pass. Getting impatient leads to quarrels and other not so good things. Stay cool and wait. 

PRAYER: Lord I confess to you that many times I can get a little perturbed at waiting but I know it is necessary to do to stay at peace and to grow in life. Thank you for the opportunities you give me to practice being patient. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Becky:
    I like the KJV word for patience--long-suffering. To me, that description says it all.

    ReplyDelete