Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

ARE YOU CONFORMED TO THIS WORLD?

Truly think about that question for a while. Do you let the world squeeze you into what is popular and cool? Do you often go against what you know to be right only to please a crowd or someone? Do you catch yourself doing something you know will not make you closer to the Lord? If Jesus were here to see you right now would what you are doing or believing make Him sad? Remember He is here. These are just some questions to ponder. 

We live in this world but if you name the name of Christ you are to be different and set apart for kingdom work. This does not mean you have to act and dress alike and get self righteous. 1 Peter 3:15(NIV) says 'But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to give a reason for  the hope that you have, but do this with gentleness and respect.'  Do you think people know you are "different" or do you pass by opportunities to speak out for Christ or set an example because of fear or embarrassment? Mark 8:38(NIV) says 'Anyone who is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with His Holy angels.' 

The following verse is good to end on. It was one of the first Bible verses I first  learned when i rededicated my life to Christ back in 1975. See if you can memorize it. Romans 12:2(NIV) 'Do not conform to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind . Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-His good, pleasing and perfect will.' 

PRAYER: Lord I daily need my mind renewed so I can recognize if I am slipping into the pattens of this world. I know I am sent here to be your ambassador. Give me discernment of right and wrong and good and evil. Help me shine your light and show love to others. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment