Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

GIVE ALL THE TIME



The Christmas season is just around the corner. At this time of year everyone seems to get nice. Toys for Tots, Samaritans Purse Shoe Box ministry and Salvation Army are busy collecting for worthy and needy families. There are 'coat campaigns' here locally to help those who are cold and do not have a coat.WAY FM locally has their "Christmas prayers".  Food banks provide Christmas dinners to families in need. Much much more goes on. It always strikes me as odd that everyone gets nice at Christmas. These needy people are needy the other 364 days too. Whether they are truly needy or mooching off society is not the question. Let God deal with hearts there. We are to give and be kind to others regardless. 

What does the Bible say about giving? When we see scriptures we often think of money but it could mean material things as well. Luke 6:38 says "Give and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." 2 Corinthians 9:7 says "Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." Do you like to give? James 2:15-17 says "Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it?  In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead."

Matthew 25:35-40 says in a nutshell "For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,  needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?  When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?  When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
So where is your heart today? Your checkbook should tell the story of your life and how generous you are. Look at yours today and see where your money is going and how much of it goes for 'kingdom purposes'.  It is time to say thanks to the Lord for what we have then find a way to meet another's need whether it is Christmas or not.

PRAYER: Thank you Lord for blessing me. Help me to bless others. Show me someone who needs some help and help me meet that need. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment