Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, June 6, 2011

LOVE MEANS NEVER HAVING TO SAY YOUR SORRY?? OH REALLY?!

This is a great movie line from the 1970 Hollywood movie 'Love Story' starring Ryan O'Neal and Ali McGraw but not good in real life. It seems a common theme from women is that their men have difficulty saying they are sorry when they mess up. Just brush the mistake under the carpet. Not good to do. This shows lack of caring and too much pride to admit a fault. I am sure there are some females who possess this not so wonderful trait but whether male or female it is not good not to be afraid to say "I am sorry. You were right and I was wrong." Humble yourself and admit your mistakes. We all have them. No one is perfect and no one should be keeping score.

Husbands and wives should start early on in married life showing love and caring and if they mess up sit down right then and there and talk things over. Be willing to say," Will you forgive me? I said something to hurt you and I am deeply sorry. I was not thinking." To do this does not make you less of a person but in fact shows that you are putting the other person and their feelings first. This is true love to be able to put the other person before you and not always try to prove you are right. If you are just starting out in a relationship start while dating and if you mess up be able to admit it.  Admitting faults helps your love grow deeper and have more respect. Hopefully there will not be that much you will have to say you are sorry for in the first place. That would be the ideal relationship. But if you do slip up and hurt your someone be it a spouse, girlfriend or boyfriend, or friend go to them to make things right before this has time to fester and build up a wall of resentment that is hard to scale. Say you are sorry then stop and pray together and keep God in the center of the relationship.The enemy wants fights and quarrels and God wants peace.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 is familiar to many as the 'love chapter' and read at many weddings. These verses say "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." Mark 11:25 says " And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."  Try to do things that make for peace and building and growing of love. Pray daily for God to give you the ability to live in love and peace and put the other person before you.

PRAYER: Help me Lord to never utter a harsh word but if I do to admit my error and say I am sorry. I want my  relationships to be so in tune with the Lord that I never say things to hurt people or act in manner that is unworthy. Lord help me live in such a way that I will not cause strife in relationships. Help me Lord to put others before me. Lord God I pray for myself that I can show your love to those around me and not be afraid to say I am sorry when I mess up. In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment