Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Be A Blessing



Better a small serving of vegetables with love than a fattened calf with hatred. Proverbs 15:17

I was discussing bringing food to a gathering and always feeling inadequate in that area not knowing really what to cook and getting a bit stressed over it. Stressed spelled backwards is ‘desserts’ keep that in mind. 

This verse made me chuckle because I translated it to mean calm down and be loving while you serve hotdogs. Don’t serve filet mignon and be unable to enjoy your guests. 

How do you feel my friend. Is bringing a dish to a potluck a hard thing for you? What about having dinner guests? Ask yourself why. It doesn’t matter what dishes you use or what you serve what matters is being loving and hospitable. Let’s give it a try. 

PRAYER: Father I love you and want to be an example of Christ’s love to my neighbors, friends, family, and strangers. Show me how to relax and be in your presence. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

Note: I have attached a timeless book I first read after I met the author in 1976 when I lived in California. Her message still holds true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment