Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, November 24, 2017

Blood Of Jesus Friday


But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. 1 John 1:7
Black Friday is upon us here in America. The one crazy crowded shopping day after Thanksgiving where bargains are galore and people are everywhere. I tend to avoid this day and opt for Cyber Monday in the comfort of my home on the following Monday.
Wouldn’t it be great if people got as excited about the real meaning of this Holy Holiday as they do the buying frenzy? Many credit cards are maxed out. If you are caught up in this worldly activity have you ever wanted to escape? It certainly may be a tradition for some but is it a peaceful God honoring one? Do you feel good after buying all day long? Don’t forget to donate to Salvation Army Red buckets when you see one.
So should we have a national ‘Blood of Jesus Friday’ and completely shut down stores and spend time renewing our mind with the king of Kings praising Him for who He is? Don’t forget to teach your children and grandchildren to love Jesus with all their hearts. On Black Friday why not give to others if you are out that day. Share Jesus!
PRAYER: Oh Lord how I love you. I don’t want to get caught up in the worldly frenzy around the celebration of your birth.Help me purposeful in reaching out to others but continue last December. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts. I stayed in from Wednesday afternoon until today, Sunday, when our visiting son and I went to church. I have not been one to shop in crowds. I prefer getting out in the mid afternoon on the day after Thanksgiving. We truly need to uphold Jesus in all we say and do.

    ReplyDelete