Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, October 24, 2016

Roots Deep In Christ


Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness. Colossians 2:7

I had been gone about 6 days and totally forgot to ask my husband to water my beautiful flowering outdoor plant. When I returned it was a dead mess of dried out twigs. I remember once before when this occurred  I prayed over it, drowned it in water, and gave it plant food and lo and behold it eventually sprang back to flowering beauty. Deep down in that plant there was still a bit of life in those roots. That is what I am hoping for this time as I nurse this one back to vibrancy.

 Does your spiritual life sound like my dried up seemingly dead plant? Do you take the time to 'water' and nourish it daily so it grows and blooms or do you forget about it till it is on life support and have to go to drastic measures to make it vibrant again? It is so easy to do every thing else but read and study God's word daily. The morning show beckons, the newspaper, and on it goes. Why is it so hard to make time for God? 

Each day consider yourself a flower. If you don't feed and water your flower then eventually it is lifeless. Make getting up and thanking God for each day a real priority. Maybe you live with a spouse or roommate who is Christian but not hungry for the Lord. Don't nag but just pray for them.The Holy Spirit will work so let Him. Now get out there and bloom for Jesus!

PRAYER: Each day is a gift from you. I know to grow closer and stay strong and spiritually healthy I need a dose of your word, the Bible daily. I choose to prioritize this and not let other mundane things squeeze you out. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment