Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Water Or Wilt


I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow. 1 Corinthians 3:6

I received the most beautiful outdoor hanging flowers from a friend at my Book Launch party back in late April. Surprisingly for me, the lady with no green thumb, these flowers did well. I went on vacation in early July and therefore the flowers were not receiving water and when I returned and I looked at them in horror. Four days without water and they were pretty messed up and almost dead. 

This illustration reminds me of our spiritual life which for this purpose will be the flowers. If we 'water' our spiritual life by reading the word of God it will blossom and bloom. The minute we stop paying attention to the word and get too saturated by the problems of daily life, the flowers wilt, or our spiritual life in this case.

Do you want to bloom like beautiful flowers in the kingdom of God. You have to nurture your spiritual side and do it daily. Just existing and being a church member is not enough. Take time today to evaluate your time with the Lord and see if maybe it needs a little tweaking. 

PRAYER: Thanks for living where I am able to read the Bible and do it openly and publicly if I choose to. I know it is necessary to spend quality time with you Lord so I blossom for the kingdom. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment