Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Life Is A Roller Coaster....I Am Glad Because I Like Roller Coasters!!


Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,whenever you face trials of many kinds,
 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. James 1:2-3

Ok, I borrowed this title from a friend's email with her permission. It was just too good to not pass up. Indeed I love roller coasters, the scarier the better. I am thankful I don't have medical issues to keep me from enjoying them. But 'roller coasters' in life are not necessarily enjoyable but you just go for the ride. 

Our human nature likes for things to be predictable but not only is that not possible but it would be boring as well. Every day when you get up you just don't know what is around the next bend. A phone call or a knock on the door can change everything. It is how your heart is prepared to receive good or bad news.
A missionary friend of mine once used a rope illustration where God is holding the rope and you are hanging on. Do indeed cling to Jesus and cry out to Him. He can get you through the up and down moments of life.

PRAYER: I never know what each day will have in store. It could be a great day or could hold news I do not want to hear. Help me prepare my heart by staying each day in your word, The Bible, so when I face the unpredictable you will see me through. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment