Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, December 8, 2013

RAINDROPS ON ROSES


I was thinking of this title as the live presentation of "The Sound of Music" is televised. It is a great
musical first done by the actress Julie Andrews and is filled with wonderful melodies to uplift your
heart. You catch yourself singing along or at least I do. Music is a way we also praise our heavenly
Father. We glorify Him in worship and praise. Praise music is written by talented artists who have often gone through some difficulty in their life to come up with the song.

What could be a better visual than raindrops on roses? Picture a rose bush right after a rain and the
raindrops resting on the petals before the sun dries them. To see this brings delight to the soul. No
matter what you are going through in life, music has a way of lifting you up. That is why I have often
included a song at the end of many of my devotions. When you lift up your eyes to Jesus and praise Him in song somehow your troubles seem to pale in light of the majesty of God almighty.

Revelation 11:17(NIV) says 'saying: "We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign.' Think about what it will be like one day when you take your last breath on this earth. We are only temporary residents of this earth. We are to be doing the work of the Lord and serving Him where He has placed us. When you meet Jesus face to face I doubt you just say " Hey there Jesus!" No you will not be able to contain your excitement.That is what praise music in worship is all about. Forgetting yourself and lifting up holy hands to God almighty in song.

PRAYER: Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty. Heaven and earth are filled with your glory Lord. Hallelujah. I praise your name Lord. I lift up my hands in praise to you. Forgive me when I act ashamed and think more of myself than singing your praises. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment