Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

OUR PRECIOUS FRIENDS


Yesterday morning upon awakening I checked my text messages and received one from son Matt letting me know one of my dear friends had died Sunday from multiple myloma. I had only found out she was sick on November 10th. This precious friend I had not seen since 1996 when our family visited them in Colorado. Now she is with Jesus and she was not even 60 yet. Just goes to show you how brief life is. Treasure your friends. Tell them you love them. If you are close make time for them. Keep in touch by letters and cards, not just email forwards.Pick up the phone and call. Ask forgiveness if you hurt them.

This particular friend Luana, I knew when our children were all pre schoolers back in Ilinois She too was a military wife. We shared many happy times over General Foods International Coffee "celebrating the moments of our lives". After 1990 we did not stay in touch as well as the military moved both of our families but I always held a fond place in my heart for her. Their family was always one of the 'special ones' to us though. I am saddened as they deal with unexpected grief but rejoicing she is in heaven.
No one likes to say goodbye forever to a loved one or friend. It hurts. Grief hurts. But for the believer there is joy in knowing we will be reunited in heaven one day. None of us expects to die young but sometimes it does happen. God has a way of healing hurts and wounds we feel but sometimes it takes time.
Matthew 5:4(NIV) says 'Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted."
Romans 8:18(NIV) says 'For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.'
Phillipians 1:22-24(ESV) says 'But if I am to live on in the flesh, this will mean fruitful labor for me; and I do not know which to choose. But I am hard-pressed from both directions, having the desire to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better; yet to remain on in the flesh is more necessary for your sake.'
Psalm 116:15(NIV) says 'Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his faithful servants.'
PRAYER: Lord Jesus I pray for those who are hurting from the recent death of a family member or friend. I pray for friends to surround those hurting and be there with a hug and a prayer. In Jesus' name. Amen.


Click on link for song in Luana Killam memory.

1 comment:

  1. I pray blessings on you as you go through this time of grief. I also wish you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete