Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

BE A LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS

We live in a world of evil and darkness where what is good is being called bad and what is bad is being called good. Isaiah 5:20 says "What sorrow for those who say that evil is good and good is evil, that dark is light and light is dark, that bitter is sweet and sweet is bitter." Satan does not like truth and righteousness and he does not like us trying to share God's love with others. He uses men to try to destroy the kingdom of God. These men have been blinded to the truth. Our real enemy is not the man but Satan who is bringing a spirit of deception on evil rulers.

We are in spiritual warfare and need a revival. Satan is trying to eradicate all forms of being a Christian from one of the few remaining Christian nations standing, the United States of America. We are under attack in many  ways to include, I am sad to say,  from within our own government which is supposed to be a democracy and for 'we the people'. I saw a church sign recently that said "Do not despair over evil in the world, God has the final say". That is so true! We can continue to pray and trust Him and do our part to live a Godly life speaking up for injustice when it occurs, but doing it 'in love' and not with hatred. Satan gets men who are not actively in the word of God to believe his lies. He is tricky. That is why it is so important to know the truth in God's word and apply it to your life. You use the word of God to fight off the devil and his lies. The word of God shows us how to be that light in this dark world.

In order to be that light here are a list of GO'S to do:

Go be a missionary where God has placed you.
Go help someone out of a 'pit'.
Go be an encourager.
Go show love even to the unlovable.
Go bring a smile to the downcast.
Go be a giver if you have the resources to do so.
Go share Jesus love with those around you.
Go pray.
Go read your Bible.
Go show grace and mercy, not condemnation.
Go lend a  helping hand.
Go put the other person first.
Go be a servant.
Go trust God.
Go get your mind off yourself and your problems.
Go out of your comfort zone.
Go forgive.
Go let God's light shine through you in your little corner of the world or wherever life takes you.

Isaiah 61:1 says "The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners". Further in Luke 4:18 it says ""The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed."

As for evil rulers trying to take away God given freedoms and dominate us, it says in 2 Corinthians 3:17  "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom."  Men may try to take away our freedoms by making man made laws, but we know our real freedom is in Jesus! We know who our liberty is from.

PRAYER: Lord I know my real enemy is Satan. He does not want me to show God's love with the people in my path. Help me to get up daily and pick up the Bible and let its' words change my heart and life. Father we lift up to you this nation Father and ask that men turn back to you according to 2 Chronicles 7:14. Lord Jesus we thank you for being 'one nation under God'. Help me recognize lies when they are in my path and speak up for the truth. I want to be your light Lord where you have placed me. Forgive me for any sin in my life. In Jesus Name. Amen.


Note: Once again click on link I have included to enjoy a worship song.
http://youtu.be/P7a2yOoaIz0

No comments:

Post a Comment