Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, December 10, 2018

Barrier

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. Ephesians 6:10-11

Recently I sprayed the barrier around our home with insect killer to make sure no unwanted ‘guests’ entered. This ‘shield’ was to stop these bugs in their tracks. I almost sound like a commercial for ‘Raid’. 
Is there a barrier around your life to protect you from the attacks of the  enemy?
You protect your home and property but what about your spirit?  Protection is necessary in order for you to be strong in the Lord and fight spiritual battles that are sure to come your way. 
Your protection comes from knowing and reading the word of God and claiming His promises in certain situations. If you don’t make time in your day for quiet time how will be able to withstand attacks from Satan? Many people are well intentioned but then just let their Bible gather dust. The enemy rejoices when that occurs. Stop now and get that protective barrier up daily!
PRAYER: Help me Lord to get my mind under submission to the Holy Spirit and not allow situations or people to drag me down into depression or despair. I choose to daily  read your word even when I don’t feel like it. Help me break strongholds of laziness keeping me from growing strong in You. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment