Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, September 1, 2018

Let There Be Light!


“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.
 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. Matthew 5:14-15


When a light comes on in a dark place it is really noticeable. I was at Barnes and Noble Cafe early one morning when only the cafe was lit up. When the entire store was to open a short time later a flood of light came on. It was amazing the difference this made. 

Did you know as a Christian you are to be the light of the world like a city set on a hill that can not be hidden? You are not to try to slink away and not be noticed. If you are shining God’s light you will be noticed. You will have sort of a heavenly glow about you others can notice. Just like the Christian children’s song goes “under a bushel basket NO, I’m gonna let it shine” you too are to radiate for Jesus wherever you are. 

Can you let your  ‘little light shine shine shine” even if you are having an issue filled day? I guarantee you will feel better. Now go shine on!

PRAYER: I feel so much better when I am shining for you than when I am in a foul mood. I know I can help draw others to you when I let your light shine through me to others. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Click link for a wonderful tune to brighten your day:

No comments:

Post a Comment