Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Culture Shifting But The Bible Is Not


Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter! Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes, and shrewd in their own sight! Isaiah 5:20-21
Okay welcome to 2018 the year of compromise. No it is not but it has happened on a huge scale because we let it. The modern culture may approve all sorts of despicable things but that does not make them right. I won’t elaborate but I think you know what I mean. 
Even some so called ‘churches’ approve this sinful behavior and many of their flock are misguided by false teaching. 2 Timothy 3:12-13 says “In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.” That is exactly what is happening. Deception is rampant maybe even among those friends and family you are close to. What you need to do is pray for the Holy Spirit to bring conviction because right now the god of this world has them blinded. 
Stand strong in your faith. Stay in the word. Turn off the news because it filling your mind with things that purposefully will make you agitated. Stay peaceful. Stay prayerful. Pray for those who are deceived and also those spreading evil in this world. God is on the throne and He is not going anywhere. The world around you may be like Sodom and Gomorrah but you stand firm with a spirit of love and shine in the darkness. 
PRAYER: Oh Lord how I love your word. How I pray for those who are misled to come to a true knowledge of the truth and thirst for you as if in a dry weary land. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent points. Yes, our culture has shifted. I had to pick up a couple of things at the grocery store this morning. As I was exiting the building, I saw a teen-aged boy enter wearing a tee-shirt that said: "Lie like you mean it." Those with whom I shared about seeing this were just as sad about hearing it as I was when I saw it. Back when I was a kid, it was a sin to tell a lie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that we have no Ten Commandments posted it is a different and sadder world.

    ReplyDelete