Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, September 17, 2018

Change The Channel


For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace. Romans 8:6

What do you suppose happens if you feed your mind a steady diet of fear, doubt, bad television or movies full of sex,horror,  and violence? Have you heard the phrase ‘garbage in, garbage out’ meaning what you feed your mind is sort of how you become if you are not careful.  Focus your mind on something else. To do so requires a conscience decision on your part. Your mind can not be saturated with worldly garbage if you expect to live a heavenly life.

My title today originated  in a message from Pastor Joel Osteen and I thought how important it is to keep your mind on right things and ‘change the channel’ in your mind if you need to. You change the channel on your TV or radio when you want something else so likewise perhaps it is time to change the channels in your physical mind to keep your mindset pure and Holy. 

If Jesus came to your house unexpectedly would you be embarrassed by what you had on TV? Would you take Him along to some of the movies you choose to attend? Just saying. Something to think about when it comes to changing the channels. 

PRAYER: Lord there have been times when I have allowed the wrong stuff to enter my mind. I know if I am to have a walk pleasing to you I need to ask myself would I want you there with me because in actuality you are. I choose to be attentive to what I allow in my mind and thoughts. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment