Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

The 'Lite' Bible


Study to show yourself approved to God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15
Seems like life offers us many choices for shortcuts and easy ways to do things. For instance when losing weight those ads with a magic pill to burn fat seem attractive to many. Sometimes shortcuts can get you into trouble such as when driving and thinking a shorter way is better then you wind up lost. 
Do you ever wish there was a quick way to get your Bible reading done? You have so much to do so let's get on with it right? The 'lite' Bible might be a catchy title which I do not think exists, but is it really a good idea? Even when I write my 'sips' daily it is not with the intent that is all I want the reader to do but to get your day started and get you hungry for more. A bug gulp if you will. 
Does 2017 need to be the year you reevaluate your love and commitment to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords? Do you need to plan your day around Jesus and not the other way around? Don't let Jesus end up being only a shortcut but make Him the priority in your daily activities. 
PRAYER: Lord I have been guilty at times of not spending quality and quantity time with you or have allowed other things that are not even important to squeeze you out such as that all important TV show,checking Facebook statuses, or reading a magazine article. Forgive me Lord and help me search my heart for ways to be closer to you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment