Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

The Green Light



Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

When I get up each day I  grab my coffee and computer to post my daily devotion then  try to discipline myself to not check everyones status on Facebook before I get in to the word of God. If I do, I often don't even get to my Bible. Every time you get onto Facebook you can see everyone else who is on by their 'green light'. So many people connecting online.

My question is simple? Do you give Jesus the 'green light' in the morning as well? Not saying this to condemn or judge but to make you think just how important being closer to God really is for you. 2017 is here and many may have made weight loss resolutions and even said one about 'reading through the Bible' which is admirable but for actually sitting down and spending time with God praying and reading and studying scripture. Often times your faith background may not have emphasized this which is sad. 

Do this. Pray and ask God to give you a true hunger and thirst for the word of God. Purpose in your heart to not allow other distractions to cause you to eliminate reading your Bible. Just as I have suggested at other times, get a notebook and a pen and as you read joy down things you are learning. Don't know where to begin? Today read the book of Psalms with whatever the corresponding date on calendar is. Don't allow other things to be more important than God. If you live with someone who is a church goer but not a Bible reader, do not nag them. Allow the Holy spirit to work in their heart to bring conviction. Now go and praise the name of Jesus!

PRAYER: Lord I want to give you the 'green light' each and every day. I know Satan will try to distract me and get me to do other things and help me to purpose in my heart that 2017 will be different. I will be more disciplined and can do it through you who gives me strength. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment