Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, January 15, 2017

I Want To Go Home Home



In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you. John 14:2

In the movie 'La La Land' the character played by actress Emma Stone in her frustration with not 'making it' in Hollywood said to her boyfriend played by actor Ryan Gosling, that she just wanted to go home. He says "you are home" and her response was "no I mean home home" meaning where her 'roots' were. 

Do you ever feel as a believer that you just want to go 'home home' meaning Heaven? This world is not our real home but only a temporary living space for those who have asked Jesus to be Lord of their life. This is such a temporary stopover for those who place their faith in Jesus. Sometimes the frustrations of life, the pain, the heartache make things just seem awful. God has a plan and if you have accepted Him as savior He uses you for His purposes. 

Keep walking the path daily and being grateful where you are. Praise Him in good times and in bad. A better tomorrow does await you in Heaven. But while here do the work of an evangelist and don't whine. 

PRAYER: Forgive me Lord when I don't trust you with the big picture. Your purposes are greater then my understanding. Help me to shine my light in this dark world until that day you call me home. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment