Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

How Is Your Walk?


Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. Ephesians 5:1-2

Walking in love. Sounds easy enough but is it really? You claim to be a Christian but then you catch yourself calling people idiots, stupid, brain dead, fat, ignorant, and many other not so edifying terms. It takes guts to walk out the love walk. It will mean really trying to love ALL people.

Wait, all people such as those mean to me, bad in laws, an ex spouse, a boss who fired me, co workers who talk behind my back? Yeah ALL people is what it means. Politicians we don't see eye to eye with? Yep, them too, remember the "love your enemies" verse in Matthew 5:44?

So how is your walk? Do you need a little bit of practice?

PRAYER: Father I have been guilty of maybe calling someone stupid or being not so kind to someone who maybe hurt me. Sometimes I may not even personally know the people I feel ill will to. I know you want me to love and love unconditionally. Help me cast off works of darkness that cause me to have wrong thoughts towards others. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment