Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Honesty Always The Best Policy

Whoever walks in integrity will be delivered, but he who is crooked in his ways will suddenly fall. Proverbs 28:18
Whew. That is all I can say the day I accidentally without knowing dropped about 6 cards out of my purse onto the pavement at a local coffee shop. I was fortunate an honest person found them. A military ID, VA ID, credit card, debit card were among the cards strewn on the ground next to my tailgate. An honest woman brought them in. I am ever grateful to her as once I noticed later they had disappeared I would have panicked.
How is your honest meter? Most reading this I would venture to say are extremely honest but sometimes things could maybe tempt you to not be so honest. Cheating on taxes is one that comes to mind. Getting too much change back at a restaurant. Not being charged for an item at the store and realizing it when you get home. Stealing office supplies. Keeping someone's mail that does not belong to you.
As a believer we are called to be full of integrity and above reproach. Righteousness is not that really hard to do when you follow God's word. If you are raising children let them see you being honest and not corrupt. Each day ask God to help you be holy as He is Holy. Now go make someone's day better.
PRAYER: Lord if I have ever knowingly or unknowingly been dishonest please forgive me. I choose to keep on the path of integrity. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment