Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, January 26, 2017

FOMO


Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. Revelation 3:20

There are all sorts of phobias. One I heard of recently was called FOMO or 'Fear of Missing Out'. This is a new problem in these 24/7 connected days of Facebook, Instagram, Periscope, texting and Twitter. Why do you have to know what everyone is doing? Relax. Enjoy your day. Life will indeed go on and the world will still keep spinning. 

Do you ever have a 'Fear of Missing Out' what God has for you, never mind your friends Facebook status and updates?  Think of the time you might spend on social media daily and balance that with time spent getting closer to the Lord. Is some tweaking in order for changing things up a bit in that area? 

Maybe you are getting on Facebook to read Christian things like my devotion and others which is terrific. But when done why not put the computer away and get out the paper Bible and start reading the chapter in Psalm that corresponds to what date it is. Today is the 26th so Psalm 26. There you have it. Now go have a blessed day!

PRAYER: Give me a pure and Holy passion to run hard after you Lord. If I catch myself becoming complacent about spending time with you renew my hunger for your word. IN Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I sometimes get upset by what I see on Face Book, the political backlash, the bad language used by supposed Christians. A friend recently posted she was shutting down her FB page but decided not to. In the past, I have unfriended some people because of their language.

    ReplyDelete