Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, January 27, 2017

Atheism....Why?



"If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels.” Mark 8:38

On a trip to Boise I saw a car that had a bumper sticker that said "My God can beat up your god." This broke my heart to see someone misled and unbelieving possibly feeling like Heaven was some sort of joke. I pray for individuals who feel this way. 

Even those who 'believe' often may think Sunday is enough or just believing might be adequate. Those feeling this way are missing out on an abundance of blessings by simply naming the name of Jesus only and ending the relationship there. To act ashamed of your beliefs does not make God smile.

Just how serious are you about getting closer to Jesus and God?  If you have friends or family who fit the category of occasional believers continue to pray for them. To get to know Jesus it is necessary to dive into His instruction manual the Bible. Carry a small one with you to work or in your purse, backpack, or briefcase. Then get it out during times when you are just sitting. Fill your mind with God's word. 

PRAYER: I love you Lord and I love your word. Many times I could open it up and read but I waste my time doing secular things which do nothing for my spirit. Help me order my day to make sure you are in it daily and perhaps set an example for someone around how may be observing me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment