Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, May 25, 2015

Stop Looking At Those Mountains!

Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain. Isaiah 40:4
What do you mean "stop looking at the mountains as they are gorgeous!" I am not referring to physical mountains as I am a mountain person and love the beauty of mountains all over the world. I love hiking in the mountains as well as snow skiing in the mountains. The type of mountain I refer to are the "giants" in our life we feel are so overwhelming and loom at us like a mountain range to a pioneer in a covered wagon. They might have thought after crossing safely over flat plains, "Oh my goodness! How will we get over those alive?" 
Many things in life may seem too 'huge' to handle. We look at our problems and issues in our life and often times feel overwhelmed at how on earth they will ever be over. But they will. Time passes and so does the junk cluttering up our lives and our minds. First and foremost we need to insure we are living for the Lord. When you get your eyes off the 'cross' and only see gigantic mountains, of course we feel helpless. God is the way over and through those mountains. He is our source of strength. 
Wherever you are at in your journey, the Lord cares and He can help you leap over obstacles that are standing in your way. Run to Him today!
PRAYER: Lord you are good all the time. Forgive me when I have let my problems take control and have not gone to you first. Help me Lord turn off distractions and focus on you. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment