Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, May 22, 2015

I Wore Combat Boots. Do You?

For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 2 Corinthians 10:3

I served in the U.S. Army for six years and I did in fact wear combat boots. Thankfully I did not have to deploy like several female counterparts today to dangerous areas. My boots served me well on stateside Army posts. 

We who call ourselves Christians should be donning our 'spiritual' combat boots daily. We are in a war not physical but spiritual. God and the devil. Good and evil. We are to run the race to win and fight the enemy with prayer and scripture. To do that you need to get serious about it. Excuses are a tool of our enemy as they do not get us close to God. 

Do what you need to do to get serious about spiritual warfare. Start by reading your Bible daily not to prove something but to get stronger in your spirit man. God will get us through the battles ahead. 

PRAYER: I choose to make training spiritually a priority. I know soldiers in an army need to prepare and train for possible combat. I too need to be ready to defeat Satan. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Becky, we all need to train spiritually for what life will bring us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so appreciate your kind remarks and I love your writing too by the way. I am bad about commenting.

    ReplyDelete