Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Hey Where Is My Cheeseburger?


Whoever is patient has great understanding, but one who is quick tempered displays folly. Proverbs 14:29

 On a recent trip to visit my mom in Kentucky I stopped at a major fast food chain that definitely had some management issues. Every worker was slow. One female employee had burned her hand on coffee and was grimacing in pain as she continued to work. I told her to go to her manager and ice it down. Customers were grumbling about their long wait for 'fast food'. I looked at this opportunity as a time to try to impart some joy.

When people want something quickly they do not usually smile much and may make ugly comments while they wait. None of that accomplishes anything. It is best to take it easy and realize this too shall pass.

 Look around you for opportunities to show patience and kindness to others.

 PRAYER: Thank you for so many blessings. Forgive me when I grumble or pout. I want to develop Christlikeness in the area of learning to wait. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment