Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Giving Is Fun

Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Luke 6:38
For me personally giving to others is fun. Giving to people or to things of the Lord is a heart condition. I love giving gifts to friends and family. It is not a chore. They don't have to be elaborate gifts but just something that reminds me of them. Now I hate to shop for myself but love to shop for presents.
Giving sort of shows a "heart condition" or in other words like it says in Matthew 6:21 "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." If you think about that verse it says lots even about giving to things of the Lord. We should want to give our tithe and not because obligated. Do it joyfully as unto the Lord and not man. 2 Corinthians 9:7 says "Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver."
Do you want to bless people? Look at creative ways to share from the goodness God has given to you whether it is financially or just a nice little act of kindness. Giving can also be service to others as well. Do yourself a favor and give!
PRAYER: Lord help me not be stingy. Help me Lord to give to others freely especially when I see a need. Forgive me when I have not been generous but was able to. It is all yours anyway. In Jesus' name.Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Becky: I have a friend at church who would give you whatever she has if you would need it. According to the world's standards,she doesn't have much. But she loves the Lord and works hard for Him and His church. When I have a need,and she hears of it, I know she is praying. You can see the love of God in her. She gives that.

    ReplyDelete