Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, May 8, 2015

Deliver Me From Myself


And he said to [them] all, If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. Luke 9:23
Sometimes our biggest problem can be our self. Self can be notorious for trying to worry too much or even trying to capture too much attention. Maybe self can not stop saying wrong things and hurting people. Perhaps self tries to do things it's own way. Maybe self likes to exalt itself or other things before God. The main thing is 'self' is not supposed to be on the throne of our life. God is supposed to occupy that place. The question is "does he" or "do you even want Him too?" If you do it takes dying to yourself many times. 
What do you need to do to not be self occupied and self centered? Our Facebook stuff can be really fun to do at times but if not careful can borderline on putting 'self' on display. Self is the root for the word selfish meaning 'devoted to or caring only for oneself; concerned primarily with one's own interests, benefits,welfare, etc., regardless of others.' I do not know about you but I certainly do not want to be thought of as selfish or uncaring. Self centered people and selfish people are not much fun to be around. Jesus was truly our example of how to not live for yourself but to put others needs first. 

So today try to find ways to ask yourself if you are being focused on self too much. This could include even having self pity. As Joyce Meyer says "no one likes to attend pity parties" and that is so true. Try to let the self monster inside of you die and put God on the throne in all areas. 

PRAYER: Forgive me Lord for the times I have thought of myself more highly than I should or have gone the opposite way and thrown a pity party. Help me to always think of others as better than myself. In Jesus' name. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment