Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Abiding

"Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides inthe vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. John 15:4-5
What does it mean to abide? The Merriam Webster online dictionary says 
  • : to accept or bear (someone or something bad, unpleasant, etc.) 
  • : to stay or live somewhere
  • : to remain or continue
To abide in Jesus would be to remain in Him or continue in Him.  To abide is to stay regardless. How many of us really can say we are abiding in the Lord or even want to? I would hope everyone reading this has a desire to abide in and with Christ. 

Jesus is described as the vine and we are to stay connected to Him in order to bear/grow spiritual fruit. To say you abide with Him and then to only maybe give Him 1 hour on Sunday is really not abiding. To abide means to remain. Do it and keep doing it!  So how do you do this? By reading and meditating on Him and His goodness through the word of God.

Once you are abiding in the vine you will grow and be fruitful for Jesus. Sounds like a great plan doesn't it?

PRAYER: Lord I do love you and I want to abide in you and I want to bear good fruit for you. Help me let the word flourish in me by studying it and getting rid of those things that try to take me away from you. In Jesus' name. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment