Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, February 20, 2015

Smile On....Universal Language

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Ephesians 4:32

Recently during a layover at Chicago O'Hare International Airport a couple, both in wheelchairs, from Nepal,  who knew no English were sitting next to me in the terminal. We had a very interesting three hours since all the man could say was "No English". My friends know I like to talk so this made it difficult. Smiling was the ultimate way to get a friendly message across. Now I did not sit there and just grin like a fool for three hours but at intermittent times.

Any times we want to make a person feel better a smile usually works. Even a person who is having a horrible day may likely respond to this kind gesture. These people eventually communicated to me that they wanted to use my cell phone to call a family member back in Huntsville and gave me number to dial. This is showing the love of Christ when you can assist people particularly someone who does not know the language.

Can you find an opportunity to smile today and lift someone's spirits?

 PRAYER: Thank you Lord for giving me opportunities daily to show your love through a simple act of kindness or smile. Help me be on the lookout for these. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment