Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, February 5, 2015

More Than A Snippet


Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction. 2 Timothy 4:2

Do you rush through your time alone with the Lord daily or not have one at all? I know it is a challenge for nearly all people to make this a priority in  life. When asked the question "Is Jesus' first place in your life?" many may respond "Yes" simply because they are associated with a church, denomination or go to church once a week. Let me ask you this, "Does spending one hour with the things of the Lord once a week prioritize it?" I  think the answer would probably be no. Not saying this to judge or condemn as I have been guilty of squeezing Him out of my day too. 
We delight ourselves in many things. Hobbies, sports, your pets, The Super Bowl, Facebook, membership in a club, going to the gym, friends, favorite television shows, a boyfriend, a girlfriend, a spouse, our children, reading a favorite book, and many things can really be ahead of God if you consider the time you put in to them. Jesus wants to be 'more than a snippet' in our lives. He does not like being an after thought. He wants to be the center of your life that everything else revolves around. He wants you to get to know Him through daily studying and reading His word in the Bible. 

Somehow the enemy puts a majority of people into a complacent stupor where the Bible is buried under magazines, put up on the shelf, or can't be found at all. What if you had to search for the remote control. I am pretty sure it is right there for most folks who love TV. Why not continue in the 2nd month of 2015 by TRULY igniting a passion for Christ!

PRAYER: Lord I talk big but often times I know I am not striving to be close to you. I get lazy and put off studying the word of God. Other things squeeze it out and I know Satan jumps for joy. I choose from hereon to make the devil mad by getting excited about you Lord. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Click the following link and worship God with all your heart:

1 comment:

  1. Becky: you have good thoughts here. We all have to be aware of God's presence in our lives. When we become aware of His strength and power, we want to draw closer to Him.

    Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete