Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

More Than Motions


On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’
 But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
Matthew 7:22-23
Are you a Christian? Are you a practicing Christian? If you were arrested for being a Christian would there be enough evidence to convict you? Being a church member is not evidence of it. Being born into a Christian family isn't proof. Not even being baptized the answer. Good works is not the key.
Don't just go through the rituals and motions of what a 'churched' person does but get to know Him and be like Him. If you asked Jesus to be your Lord and savior you are part of His family. Seek to emulate Him and pray for your heart to be broken by what breaks His. Don't be ashamed of Him or His word. I remember when I was born again I was so hungry for His word and growing in Christ. I did not seek religion but a personal relationship with my Father in Heaven.

Do more than Sunday for an hour. If you truly love Jesus plan your day around your time alone with Him. Do not settle for a Sunday only relationship. It is sort of hard to get to know a person with only one hour weekly and perhaps half the time wanting to go home. If your heart is not right, today ask Him to come into your heart and make you come alive for Him.

PRAYER: Jesus I don 't want to settle for just saying I love you if all I do is go to church then forget you the rest of my week. I choose to be committed and to do what is necessary to get reignited with passion for you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Click link and enjoy a worship song:
http://youtu.be/6vvUf8nrSZA

No comments:

Post a Comment