Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, February 22, 2015

I Smell Bacon! Yum!



For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. 2 Corinthians 2:15

As I stopped for gas about a week ago before church and exited my car to pump the gas, I could smell the wonderful fragrance of bacon frying. Perhaps from the motel breakfast room close to the station or the breakfast restaurant across the street. Never the less it was pleasurable and made me smile. 

This made me think of today's verse about being the 'aroma' of Christ. Am I being that kind of aroma that makes others smile and draws them closer to the kingdom or am a a stinky soured rag that is laden with mildew? Each of us who knows Christ should  ask ourselves if we are drawing others closer to the kingdom by our 'aroma' or making them run and hold their noses. Our fragrance is to be pleasurable not in the sense we put perfume or after shave on, but in the sense that the Spirit of God living in us is shining through drawing others closer to wanting to know Christ personally. 

Examine yourself and change what you need to in order to have a 'pleasing aroma' to attract others closer to God.

PRAYER: Heavenly Father I want to be so filled with the fragrance of you that others want to ask why I am like that. Help me never smell like soured rags or stinky baby diapers but to have your aroma all around me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment