Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Ding


"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.' Matthew 6:19

Anyone who has ever had a brand new car or truck knows the feeling the first time someone opens their car door and slams it into your shiny new flawless bodywork. You come out one day and there it is staring you in the face. The infamous 'ding'. You were so careful where you parked often walking long distances to keep your car looking like new. Never the less, with all those precautions it was bound to happen. Perhaps a thoughtless person or a complete accident. It is not new anymore. 

My thoughts when this recently happened to me was first I was blessed to be fortunate enough to have a new vehicle. Then I thought about God wanting us to be good stewards of our possessions here on Earth but on the other hand not let them consume us and make us OCD. I realized that being mad or upset would not make this little indentation pop back out so I had to deal with it. There are worse things in the big scheme of things. 
 
Do you ever let your possessions control you? As I said before we need to take good care of things God has blessed us with but not let them become idols or gods in our lives.I have in the past broken a favorite coffee mug and get sad but then think to myself, get a grip Becky and move on, Whatever it is that is controlling you why not turn it over to God. Let Him manage the little 'dings' of life. 

PRAYER: Thank you for abundant blessings you have given me. Help me Lord to not allow my 'stuff' to control me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment