Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, September 12, 2014

Wear White? Yes Indeed!


Do not conform to the pattern of this world,but be transformed by the renewing of your mind then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-His good, pleasing, and perfect will. Romans 12:2

The fashion police are on high alert as we transition into the fall season. The big question, can white still be worn? I am no fashion guru, but my answer is to not worry about the worlds' mold but if you want to wear it, do so. Too many try to be clones of others. This is pretty common among teenage girls trying to fit in. If I take a peek at my high school yearbook all the females mostly had the little flip hairdo as it was "the thing" I guess.

 As a believer we have to be set apart. This verse says to not conform. When you know deep down something is wrong or immoral then run the other way. So what if you lose a friend in the process, as you will probably be better for it in the long run.

There is a saying "What is right is not always popular, and what is popular is not always right" so where do you stand today?

 PRAYER: Give me the courage Lord to do the right thing and be different if I need to be. In Jesus'  name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. One year it got warm early in April; I was miserable with the heat. I thought about the "don't wear white before Easter" mantra. Easter happened to be late that year. I chose to were my white slacks before Easter that year and usually have worn them into the fall of the year. I guess that makes me a non-conformist. :)

    ReplyDelete