Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Remorse

  Why, my soul, are you downcast?Why so disturbed within me?Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. Psalm 43:5
     
 Have you ever felt bad about doing something or saying something? That would be called being remorseful. We get a guilty conscious and the Holy Spirit living inside of us convicts us of right and wrong. We have forgiveness of our sins through the blood of Jesus Christ. Once we confess a sin Jesus remembers it no more. Satan wants us to keep worrying about it but God says "Sin, what sin?" If you confessed it.

As I was preparing to write my devotion on an entirely different subject and the word 'remorse' popped up. I figured maybe God wanted me to write on being remorseful so I changed my plan.

Face things in life and instead of trying to rehash and go over and over and over the same things, drop it, forget it and move on. Get control of your thought life and your mouth. We know it is Satan who tries to bring us down. We can not be a victorious Christian if we constantly complain and harbor  bitterness. 

The thing is we are to go and sin no more as Jesus said in John 8:11. Whatever is bothering you friend confess it to Jesus and know His love and grace make you whole. 

PRAYER: Thank you Lord that you paid for my sins with your death on the cross. Help me remember to know that your grace is greater than all my sins. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment