Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Frogs In A Pot




I will not look with approval on anything that is vile. I hate what faithless people do; I will have no part in it. Psalm 101:3

There is an illustration I have heard about being desensitized to evil and sin. It is frogs in a pot of water on the stove. Gradually the heat is increased and the frogs have no idea they are being cooked alive.

With sin it is like that too.  Take our entertainment industry. When I was growing up most everything on television was okay for all ages. It was happy, pure, and often taught valuable life lessons. Those in our generation today, even Christians, are exposed to raunchy stuff in the name of entertainment, often subtly, till they are 'cooked' or desensitized to evil and right versus wrong. There are still good people in Hollywood but Satan would sure like to control it totally.

What we need to do is maybe say, "Would I turn this on or go to this movie if Jesus were here?" Remember to pray for not just actors but those who make decisions about shows and even advertisers that support some stuff. Pray that this country and the world can return to moral purity and teach your children to make wise choices. 

 PRAYER: Father at times I have been guilty of watching something that is bad or just drags me down. Give me discernment to either turn off television or select wholesome shows. Convict me clearly of what is good and evil. In Jesus ' name. Amen.
Check out the following ministry which ministers to those in the entertainment industry in California and New York.
Www.mastermediaintl.org

No comments:

Post a Comment