Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, September 22, 2014

Form of Godliness



But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its' power. Have nothing to do with such people. 2 Timothy 3:1-5

Lots of people think we are in the last days. Every day we are getting closer that is for sure. If you dissect the above Bible verse you can see many of the things written about going on today and perhaps all of them. Maybe even a reader or two has been guilty of one or two or knows someone perhaps even a family member or friend. But point finger at self first before judging others.

The first thing that struck me in lovers of self were all the 'Selfies' being taken with our mobile devices, like 'look at me'. Sure it is fun but it can get out of hand. Also the lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God could even being going so far to say activities are more important on Sunday than church fellowship is. Ouch!  Having a form of godliness but denying its' power could refer to people in churches who may go there but that is where it ends.

We need to each take account of our own life and insure we are not falling into this trap of anything listed above. Pray for our country and pray for a revival in this land to turn the hearts of men back to God and reignite the passion for Christ.

PRAYER: Father God I thank you for loving me, warts and all. I have been guilty of some of the above and I want to say I am sorry. I choose to stay on our track in these last days and run from tricks of the enemy to take me down. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Becky: "Lovers of self " reminds me of those who say, "What's in it for me." or "What about me?"

    ReplyDelete