Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Easy For You To Say!




Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have for God has said "Never  will I leave you and never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13:5

 Do you ever find yourself uttering this above phrase or thinking it?  Maybe jealous over someone's possessions  not even considering what they went through to get there. Things may look like 'easy street' for some but we do not know the whole story of their life and the struggles and things they faced to get where they are. Sadly our own government has perpetuated this jealously with their income inequality stance.

Basically jealously is not a fruit of the spirit but it is something that the enemy creates in getting us desirous of the position of another or what they have.  You can even be jealous of another person's looks. The key is to be thankful for who you are and what God has set forth for you to do. He makes the sun to shine on all of us.
God wants you to be happy with what he has blessed you with and not be whining that you are unhappy. Your situation could always be much worse.

PRAYER: Thank you Lord for my many blessings. Some days I may catch myself being envious and I do not know want to be. I want to look to you and not other people. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment