Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, July 18, 2014

Under Construction


Therefore, we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 2 Corinthians 4:16

A few years ago there was a saying "Please be patient. God is not finished with me yet." A few days ago as I ran past a construction site, a big sign on their fence said "Under Construction." When something is being built we often wait with anticipation for what is to come. As a believer I am constantly under construction. I guess when I am finished or when God is finished then I will enter heaven.

 Your life is constantly being built and changed too. I for one am glad we do not stay the same age and do the same things. When you feel all is lost or are facing some challenge in life, know that  if you love Jesus He is there with you and will see you through to what lies beyond. One of the biggest things for being "built" in Christ is knowing that trials help to shape you. It says that in James 1:2-4. Take a moment and read it.

 Go back out in your 'construction zone' and know the 'master builder' is shaping you into just what He wants you to be.

PRAYER: Thank you for working on me and making me just what you need for your kingdom. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I am very familiar with the passage in James. Every time heard a pastor preach on it, I felt squeamish. One day as I heard the message, I found myself focusing on the last half of the passage".3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

    From that day forward, I have not gotten worried about the outcome of any stressful thing I happen to encounter.

    ReplyDelete