Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Brownie Points....Not My God!



For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23
 Have you ever heard of churches that say you are blessed more by God the more works and service you do? Sort of a hierarchy of awards or favors from the Almighty. God is not a "brownie point" God. He loves all of us, saint and sinner the same. Trying to base salvation on works is not in His game-plan. Sure when we sin it breaks His heart but he does not love us any less. Trying to win salvation by doing things and being on committees is not something I see written in my Bible.
 Basically scripture says we need to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved(Acts 16:31). If you want to serve on committees, be a Sunday school teacher, bake cookies for a bazaar, chaperone a youth trip, that is great. Only know that you are  not racking up stars on a wall chart somewhere. Naturally when you ask Jesus into your heart you feel led to serve in certain ways because your life is changed. But doing deeds alone is not the key to heaven.
We pretty much are all the same to God and we all need Him in our life. Have you asked Him to be Lord of your life?
PRAYER: I know Lord that you love me whether I sit in a pew or sing in the choir. I know you love me even when I turn my back on you on Sunday for more fun things. Forgive me Lord. Thanks that you are not a brownie point God. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment