Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Breathe In, Breathe Out

Cast all your anxiety on Him for He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

Whenever I go to the asthma doctor they ask me to take a deep breath of air and then blow it out. Breathe in, then breathe out. This tests lung capacity. I got to thinking how sometimes we just have to breathe out bad junk of life and pause then breathe in God's life giving power, comfort, and forgiveness. 

Practice for a moment and think of things that may have you bothered or ways you messed up. Make a list if you have to. First of all we are to give our problems to Jesus according to the verse above. Breathe in, relax. Now breathe out and consciously breathe out the bad things you are holding on to. Do it over and over if you have to. After a while you should feel a bit more peaceful. 

Take a moment every day to breathe in God's goodness and breathe out the bad stuff causing you to sin. 

PRAYER: I love you Lord and I know you do not want me hanging on to things that keep me from sweet fellowship with you. I thank you for the opportunity to breathe in your life giving power and forgiveness.  In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment