Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Wow! Wow! Wow!



However, as it is written: “What no eye has seen what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived” the things God has prepared for those who love him— 1 Corinthians 2:9

Who doesn't ooh and ah at a beautiful humongous mansion? Perhaps those who live in them? As I drove through Brentwood, TN on the outskirts of Nashville recently I passed by gorgeous homes where I could not stop saying to myself "Wow, wow, wow"! It is not that I am ungrateful for my own home ,because indeed I am blessed, but these stunning 10,000 square foot plus homes looked  almost like miniature hotels.

Each of us living in the United States is blessed to live pretty adequately compared to most of the world. Even those in homeless camps have tents that are pretty nice. To covet someone's else's property is not what God desires. As I gazed at these beautiful homes my thoughts drifted to our heavenly kingdom that awaits us once we breathe our last breath on Earth. The time we spend on Earth is so very short in the big scheme of things. In James 4:14 we are told "Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." We are to live well and seek God while we are on Earth. Not everyone will enter this heavenly kingdom. Those who reject Him need to accept Christ so they do not miss out. You never know when your last day will be so be ready.

Are you imagining what your mansion in heaven will be like? God has glorious things in store for those who know and love Him. 

PRAYER: Thank you dear Lord for the blessings I enjoy here on Earth. Thank you for my home and the other possessions you have blessed me with. Help me never put possessions before you. In Jesus name.Amen. 

Click link to worship God in song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment