Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Prayer Rooms Abuzz



Pray continually. 1 Thessalonians 5:17
I have had people wonder why I go to Starbucks since they tell me they are anti-Christian.  I say to them that I am to be like Jesus and go spread His love not just in Holy places. One day as I sat in Starbucks early in the morning  the place was so loud with people talking. Every table was occupied. I was in my cubby hole back In a corner writing. With all this activity buzzing around me I got to thinking about how excited people seemed to be while enjoying their friends, coffee, and socialization. I thought "wouldn't it be great if there were little prayer houses similar to a Starbucks that is so popular and people could get excited about congregating to pray and have fellowship"? 

It was not my place to stand in judgment of anyone in the coffee shop but I did wonder how many had spent time with the Lord before rushing into their busy day. Often times it is so much more convenient to do worldly things such as the morning shows on television, stop for coffee on way to work, hit the gym, read the morning paper. All these are fine activities but if anything takes the place of Jesus that is dangerous territory. When you spend less and less time with Him your thoughts can become more and more like the world. 

So what do you think. Anyone want to open a chain of morning prayer houses? 

PRAYER: Forgive me Lord when I allow other activities to squeeze you out or only give you a passing thought. You are so patient but I know you miss me when I rush into my day without you. Help me in time management to put you first. In Jesus' name.Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Becky: The idea of a morning prayer house sounds interesting. Our church has a time the church is open for prayer two mornings a week. I don't always make it but it is a good time of prayer.

    ReplyDelete