Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pesky



So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall! 1 Corinthians 10:12

I love to sit out on my back porch when it is cool but I hate annoying flies. Swatting at them to go away gets to be common place. One day I was thinking, wouldn't it be nice if sin could be like those pesky flies and just keep bugging us so we would recognize it and therefore run the other way, hopefully? 

Sadly, sin is a master of disguise. Satan has lots of tricks up his sleeve to deceive believers,even sometimes those who think they can never fall into his trap. Beware, and know that sin creeps around and catches even the most well intentioned off guard. Sins as simple as cheating, lying, gossip, hate, or being ugly can grab hold of anyone. The way to ward this off is to stay grounded in the truth found only in God's word. Opening up the Bible only for a few minutes on Sunday is not going to be sufficient. If this is your desire maybe you need to ask yourself if you truly love Jesus or are just a church member. 

Make it a point to make God a ritual in your day as important as eating, for after all it is your spiritual food. 

PRAYER: I love you Lord and forgive me for the times you really could not tell it by me just claiming to be a Christian and doing nothing more. Create in me a hunger for the truth. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment