Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Keep Running!



Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24
I have been running for years, actually since I was on the high school track team at age 15, then on into the military, and now because I like to. Yes I actually like to run. When I used to miss a day my husband noted a personality change and would say kindly "go run." Afterwards I was a new Becky.

It is necessary to "keep running" or "keep going" on lots of things in life. There is a saying "when the going gets tough the tough get going." Whatever the task ahead of you that overwhelms you, with God you can keep going and not quit. The enemy, Satan, is who tries to get you feeling a "can't do" attitude. He does not want you to progress and feel good about yourself. Instead his mission would be to get you to drown your problems in alcohol and become addicted or make wrong decisions based on wrong emotions. 

Whatever it is that has you troubled today, know God has your back and He is only a prayer away. Keep on running!

PRAYER: I know I can do all things with your help. I will not allow a purist of discouragement from the enemy to get me down. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

1 comment: