Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, June 20, 2014

Birthdays Are Great!



Our days may come to seventy years, or eighty, if our strength endures, yet the best of them are but trouble and sorrow for they quickly pass and we fly away. Psalm 90:10

Why is it people complain about getting older? What is wrong with growing up and becoming mature? Today is my younger sons' big 3-0 birthday but it is really no big deal. Turning 30 signifies old age for many, but once you get older you see it is nothing. Thirty years ago today was indeed a special and joyous day for my husband and I and our older son, who was now gaining a playmate. 

God blesses us with years of life to do things to serve the kingdom of God and impact the world we are in.  It is hard to understand why some die so young and others live to be 100 but the thing is we need to be living life to the fullest and honoring God each day we do have. Tomorrow is never promised.

What are you doing today and on your birthday to live for Christ? 

PRAYER: I am thankful Lord or each birthday you bless me with. I am thankful for of life you add to give me opportunities to serve you. Help me use my time wisely. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Becky: We should live for Christ every day. Today,I went to a prayer group. When I got there the Food Pantry lady was filling the cabinet. As we prayed one lady had to go across town to pick up somethings from a sister church.(Some things for our food pantry.) When she returned, we sorted the items.Then she and I checked out the space the church has to see if it can be utilized for a growing ministry. Please pray for my church a we are going through growing pains. Lots of ministries going on but not enough space to accomodate any more. The need is great.

    ReplyDelete