Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, February 6, 2014

WRONG THINKING


Do you struggle with wrong thoughts? By this I do not mean are you thinking of perverted things but do you allow patterns of wrong thinking to come into your head to the point you can convince yourself they are true?

The enemy is good at messing with a believers mind. You may think you have it all together, so to speak, but then a thought creeps in such as "I do not think so and so likes me" and then you begin to dwell on this. It is absurd to think we know what another is thinking anyway. It is necessary you fill your mind with God's word and then you will be less likely to fixate on irrational thinking.

A helpful scripture to commit to memory is 2 Corinthians 5:10(NIV) which says 'We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.' The action verb there is to "take captive". Just as a police or soldier may take a prisoner captive and lock them up, we too need to capture wrong thoughts and make them come in line with the teachings of God's Holy word. Start each day with prayer and a good dose of scripture and tell Satan he has to flee.

PRAYER: I choose this day and every day to not allow wrong thoughts into my head. I am aware of the enemies schemes to cripple me and make me less effective for Christ and messing ith my thinking is of them I choose right thoughts. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment