Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Transforming Lives


Recently while waiting to board a plane to Chicago I see an advertisement for a local university which simply reads "Transforming Lives". What parent would not want to send their child where their life would be transformed? But wait. It did not specify "how" this transformation would take place. Would it be intellectual, situation, emotional, relational? 
As a believer I want my life transformed and that of my children but I want it transformed into the image of Christ. One of my favorite verses after recommitting  my life to Jesus back in 1975 was Romans 12:2(NIV) which says 'Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.'  Transforming your mind requires getting into the word of God on a daily basis and reading it and studying it so your life will "conform" to His. The world's way is not God's way. This is not to say that we become monks and act holier than thou but it is necessary to make a deliberate effort to saturate your mind with the teaching of the Lord so when wrong stuff comes along you will recognize it.
Are you ready for that transformation today? 

PRAYER: My desire Lord is to have more of you in my life. I want your light to shine so others can know that you have transformed me. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment