Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Uplifter

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 1 Thessalonians 5:11(NIV)

Ever had one of those days where you just can't get yourself out of a mood? It can be caused by many factors, but never the less it is one of those times you need a bouquet of flowers, a call from a friend, a hug, or a surprise letter in the mail. Often times when I have had those moments I end up hearing something I needed to hear, such as a Bible verse on the radio, just at the right time or getting an unexpected gift. Once I actually found a palm leaf cross in a puddle outside my car door. Seeing that cross gave me renewed hope and strength. Now tell me that is not God.

If you happen to find yourself in a moment like this get out your Bible and read some Psalms. I find the verses in the 150 chapters in this book very encouraging. Another thing to do is see who else might need help or an encouraging word. Somehow getting out of our own issues and becoming involved with another is a good cure. Say a quick prayer and know God will see you through.

PRAYER: Thanks for another wonderful day you have blessed me with. Show me another that just needs a smile or bit of encouragement today. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment